Saturday, August 22, 2009

Explaining the Tea Partiers to the Nation - the truth

Here's an article from the Wall Street Journal that is the truth for once. I stood outside on the street in front of Harry Mitchell's office today (we had shade luckily), and waved signs with one such group: simple Americans who know something's not right. Average Joes: a doctor, an ASU professor and his wife, a small businessman with his kids, and a bunch of others. Similar stories: just can't believe this is happening to our country, and just feel pressed to try anything. None of whom had EVER been political before. It's my story too. I felt great today, although I had to face the initial embarassment factor of sticking out -- putting myself out there. I've decided that I can get used to it. It felt good to meet "brothers and sisters" so to speak -- people I didn't know but with whom I had one commonality--our guts are telling us to stand up and fight. Long live our liberty!

Carol Scott

ARTICLE:

John C. Goodman
Explaining the Town-Hall Protests
Our 1.1 million signers include cancer survivors, seniors, and others who are very well informed.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204884404574362333085067364.html

No comments: